CORROSION & CATHODIC PROTECTION SERVICE
• Corrosion studies on new and existing buried or submerged pipeline and steel structures in consultation with local & expatriate consultants with long background of cathodic protection.
• Soil resistivity survey to determine steel corrosive conditions before and/or after a facility is constructed.
• Cathodic Protection has proven to give effective corrosion protection to steel structures in contact with soil, sub-soil water, seawater or any possible combination of these three items. The design, installation and maintenance of cathodic protection systems need skill and must be in accordance with laid down.
• Rules and regulation as given by the various institutes such as NACE, British Standard etc.
• To achieve the best possible service to our clients, we have made a Corrosion Control Program, consisting of 7 points. This program can either be applied partly or in full. In any case our clients can be assured of our utmost atteection to their problems and projects.
• Cathodic protection, properly designed installed and maintained effectively controls corrosion of steel systems and as already demonstrated in countless, instances hardly exceeds 0.5% to 1% of total projects costs.
• We are proud to advise that BST have at its panel some of the best expatriate in the market on Cathodic Protection as Vast International Experience backs them and some of the have worked in Pakistan in sui Gas field of PPL and Pakistan Refinery Limited.
Surveys Carried out prior to, during or after installation of any Cathodic protection system, aim at determining local conditions, but not limited to Soil resistivity measurements, assessment of the conditions of steel and/or coating of existing structures, water table assessment, soil tests etc. which serve as a basis to develop the most economic protection system.
After Collection of all necessary data, elaboration of the design showing details of the envisaged, protection system. A reports, containing Background information on the system accompanines the design.
C. Supply and delivery
All equipment and material, necessary for installation of the cathodic protection system is supplied together with detailed drawings and instructions on the erection and maintenance of the system.
D. Testing and Commissioning
Our comprehensive range of services during the construction and commissioning phase offers you effective support to successfully guide your industrial plant from the planning phase right through to operation.
We offer you unrivaled industry expertise, experience and resources. As a result, we can help you reduce risks, prevent construction errors, comply with all relevant NACE standards, control budgets and keep to your schedule.
At regular intervals, a complete inspection of the system is carried out to failures, if any, in the system and to report on its consequences.
Repairs will be carried out in case of failure, according to recommendation stated in the inspection report.
Back Fill - Metallurgical coke breeze
- Calcined petroleum coke breeze
Permanent reference cell, test station and bonding stations.